8.06.2008

nail polish medicine and contradictions

It's amazing how just painting my nails a new color makes me happy. I am now wearing "plum attraction" - a deep, piercing purple. There are so many things to love about myself besides my weight. I realized that while meticulously painting my nails. Hey- this is pretty. Hey, my hands look cute.

I'm still counting calories, have been since the 2nd. I just can't help myself right now... not that I'm getting the weight loss out of it you'd expect, but whatever.

See the contradictions? I want to get better, I want to lose weight. I'm unable to do both simultaneously.
I wonder if my body likes this weight? I wonder if I look average or decent because to be honest, I have no fucking clue.

2 comments:

The Stifled Artist said...

I think you look fabulous. And no one but us is paying attentions to our little weight fluctuations, but they mean everything to our messed up disordered mind's logic. Your body likes it when YOU like it. And it is so nice to find comfort in things like nail polish, little good things we can do for our souls, ya know? We need to find more of these things and string them together.

Heather said...

String them together, indeed.